NCERT National Talent Search Examination 2013: NCERT has announced the dates of National Talent Search Examination for students of Class 10. National Talent Search Scheme started in the year 1963. The purpose of the scheme is to identify talented students and nurture them. This year NCERT will conduct the National Talent Search Examination for students studying in Class 10.
Details of NTSE 2013
1. NTSE 2013 Scholarships: On the basis of the National Talent Search Examination, 1000 scholarships will be awarded. The amount of scholarship will be Rs.500/- per month.
2. NTSE 2013 Reservation: 15% scholarships will be reserved for students belonging to the SC category, 7.5% scholarships for students belonging to the ST category and 3% for Physically Challenged Group of Students.
3. Selection process of NTSE: There will be two-stage selection process for award of scholarship. For Stage- I, selection will be done by States/UTs through a written examination. Students, who qualify Stage- I, will be eligible to appear for Stage-II examination, conducted by NCERT.
4. NTSE 2013 Important Dates: Dates for submission of application form and conduct of examination, are given below:
Stage Area Tentative Dates
- Last Date for Submission of Application Form 31st August, 2012
- Examination in Mizoram, Meghalaya, Nagaland and Andaman and Nicobar Islands 17th November, 2012
- Examination in All other States and Union Territories 18th November, 2012
Examination in All States and Union Territories: 12th May, 2013 (Sunday)
5. Eligibility: All students of Class X studying in recognized schools are eligible to appear for the Stage -I examination, conducted by the States/UTs, in which the schools are located. There will be no domicile restriction.
6. NTSE Examination Pattern: The pattern of written examination for Class X will be as follows:
- Stage I examination at the State/UT level will comprise of two parts, namely (a) Mental Ability Test (MAT) and (b) Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT).
- Stage II examination at the National level will comprise of (a) Mental Ability Test (MAT), (b) Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT).
7. State Quotas for NTSE: Each State/Union Territory has been allotted a quota to recommend a specific number of candidates for the Stage II examination, the details of which will be made available on NCERT website. However, there will be no State/Union Territory Quota for the final award of scholarship after the Stage II examination.
8. NTSE 2013 Application Form: You may contact the State/UT Liaison officer for procuring application form. However, application form can be downloaded from NCERT website. Download NTSE 2013 application form.
9. The completed application form should be signed by the Principal of the school. The candidate as well as the Principal of the school must adhere to the last date for submission of the Application Form. Different states may have different last dates for submission. Please confirm from the liaison officer of your state, the address at which the completed forms are to be submitted. The State wise list of NTSE liaison officers are available in the NCERT website www.ncert.nic.in. All queries related to application form should be directed to the State Liaison Officers (LOs).
10. Fees: States and Union Territories may notify the fee required which will be paid for the
Stage-I examination. Therefore, before submitting the application form, you may find out the fees charged for Stage-I Examination and also the mode of payment from the respective State Liaison Officers (LOs). However, NCERT does not charge any fee for Stage-II examination.
11. Announcement of NTSE 2013 Results: Results of the Stage-I examination will be announced by the respective State Governments/ Union Territories. Results of Stage-II examination will be announced by NCERT.
12. Indian Students Studying Abroad in class X can appear directly for Stage II NTS Examination under conditions prescribed in the NTS brochure which is available on the NCERT website. Candidates may fill up the Application Form, available on the NCERT website and send to the undersigned along with a photocopy of the mark sheet of previous examination, latest by March 31, 2013.
Download Details of NTSE 2013