BARC Recruitment for Engineers 2012: How to Apply, Important Dates, Eligibility and Online Test Demo
Bhabha Atomic Research Centre Training Schools (OCES/DGFS-2012) invites applications for the Recruitment of OCES and DGFS for the year 2012 through BARC Recruitment for Engineers 2012
How to Apply Online For BARC Recruitment for Engineers 2012:
- Candidates have to fill up the online Application form provided on the website for BARc Recruitment which is mentioned below.
- A new candidate needs to register through ‘Apply Online’ link by providing essential information like name, mother’s name, date of birth,e-mail id and a preferred login id.
Training Schemes and Employment Description of BARC Recruitment for Engineers 2012 OCES 2012, DGFS 2012
BARC Training Schools provide two schemes of training to deserving candidates ambitious of pursuing a rewarding career in Nuclear Engineering and Technology. They are respectively called
- Orientation Course for Engineering Graduates and Science Post-Graduates (OCES): One-year Orientation Course for Engineering Graduates and Science Post-Graduates for the year 2012-2013 (OCES-2012) will be conducted at BARC Training Schools situated at Mumbai, Kalpakkam, Indore and Hyderabad.
- DAE Graduate Fellowship Scheme for Engineering Graduates and Physics Post-Graduates (DGFS): Two-year DAE Graduate Fellowship Scheme for Engineering Graduates and Physics Post-Graduates for the session beginning in July/August 2012 (DGFS-2012). Under this scheme, Engineering Graduates and Physics Post-Graduates who are selected for the BARC Training School program and who also have secured admission for M Tech/ M Chem Engg in select institutes and specializations are paid stipend and tuition fee to pursue a M Tech/ M Chem Engg degree while retaining their employment in DAE.The DGFS fellows are enrolled and posted in one of the following units of DAE: a) BARC, Mumbai b) IGCAR, Kalpakkam c) RRCAT, Indore.
Pay Scale of BARC Recruitment for Engineers 2012:
- Stipend and Allowances during Training: OCES trainees as well as DGFS fellows are paid stipend of 20,000 per month during the period of their training and a one-time book allowance of 5,000.
- Appointment in all the units shall be as a Scientific Officer ‘C’ (SO/C) in the pay band – III-Rs 15,600-39,100 with grade pay of Rs 5,400. Emoluments (with three increments) at the time of joining including Dearness Allowance, House Rent Allowance, Transport Allowance, (the latter two calculated at Present Mumbai rates), will be approximately Rs 47,000/-.
Selection Process of BARC Recruitment for Engineers 2012: Selection to OCES/DGFS is a two-step process: Screening to short-list candidates followed by Selection Interview of the short-listed candidates.
- Screening for the Engineering disciplines is based on two alternative methods:
- On the basis of GATE Score: Candidates can apply directly on the basis of their GATE scores. Cut-off GATE Score for short-listing candidates for interview will be declared around April 5, 2012 on this website.
- On the basis of Online Test: Online test will be conducted during the last week of April 2012. Candidates who do not opt for screening through GATE score or who do not qualify on the basis of GATE Score may take the online Test. Travel Allowance is not paid for appearing in it.
2. Selection Interviews of shortlisted candidates will be conducted in BARC Training School, Mumbai. Short-listed candidates in Engineering disciplines, qualified on the basis of a valid GATE score will be able to choose an interview slot based on availability from April 6, 2012 onwards whereas shortlisted Engineering candidates qualified on the basis of Online Test will be able to choose an interview slot based on availability from April 16, 2012 onwards.
Qualifying Degrees and Other Academic Requirements for BARC Recruitment for Engineers 2012 OCES/DGFS-2012
- Candidates with B E/ B Tech/ B Sc(Engineering) with a minimum of 60%* aggregate marks or AMIE/AIETE with minimum of 60%* aggregate marks in Part A and Part B individually, in any of the engineering disciplines with
- Engineering Discipline and Code
- Mechanical: ME
- Electronics: EC (Related degree disciplines such as Electronics & Communication, Electronics & Controls are also admissible.)
- Chemical: CH
- Computers: CS
- Metallurgy: MT
- Instrumentation: IT
- Electrical: EE (Related degree disciplines such as Electrical & Electronics are also admissible)
- Civil: CE
Those wishing to be screened in on the basis of GATE must have a valid GATE Score in the same engineering discipline as the qualifying degree discipline. Valid GATE score means score of GATE-2011/ GATE-2012.
Age Limit (Age as on August 1, 2012)
a) General Category – 26 years, b) OBC-29 years, c) SC/ST–31 years, d) Dependents of those who died in the riots of 1984 (Dep1984) -31 years, e) Persons domiciled in Kashmir Division of Jammu & Kashmir State from 01/01/1980 to 31/12/1989 (Dom Kashmir) –31 years, f) Dependents of Defense Personnel Killed in Action (DODPKIA) – 26 years.
BARC Recruitment for Engineers 2012 Online Test Demo:
BARC Recruitment for Engineers 2012 Important Dates:
- Last date of receipt of application on the basis of GATE Score: 31.3.2012
- Last date of receipt of application for those opting for online test in 7 Engineering Disciplines (ME, CH, MT, EE, EC, CS, IT.): 31.3.2012
- List of candidates shortlisted on the basis of GATE score to be displayed on website: 5.4.2012*
- Availability based option to select Interview Slot for GATE qualified candidates: 6.4.2012 onwards*
- Examination slot booking: 10-17 April 2012*
- Online Test for Engineering Disciplines (except Civil Engg): Last Week of April, 2012*
- List of candidates shortlisted on the basis of Engineering Online Test to be displayed on website: 16.5.2012*
- Availability based option to select Interview Slot for Onine Test qualified candidates: 16.5.2012 to 20.5.2012*
- Interview Schedule to be displayed on website: 6.4.2012*
- * Tentative dates
Take an online test demo of the BARC Recruitment for Engineers 2012 by following the link BARC Recruitment 2012 Online Test Demo, Apply Online for BARC Recruitment for Engineers 2012